Sunday, September 17, 2017

Half-way point

(Update 10/1/2017) 

After some pretty in-depth review and refinement of my process, I am ready to begin the second half of my analysis project. Work will still be day-to-day, as before, but with the change that my essays (seven) will be posted collectively on each Sunday evening. I work on three to six design projects each day, with the exception of one or two days off monthly, and posting them this way will make transitioning from one project to the next less disruptive to my daily workflow. So, my first batch of seven will be posted on the Eighth. 

(Original post)

After this effort, I feel like I can study a work and after a few moments make at least two noteworthy comments about what I’m looking at. The basis for my analysis model has a solid foundation, and I’ve already applied some of this background to my personal projects. I’m going to pause my analysis for two weeks (returning 10/1) so I can do a few things related to this project. I’m ready to develop my analysis template further, including a reference review to enrich it and see how much I’ve left out. I have a memorization tool to craft, and prepping the essays I have for a typographic layout project will take a long time. 
The second half essays will be shorter, take more analytic risks and open up to all visual arts. This means not just two-dimensional works will be analyzed, but sculpture, architecture and figurative as well. The main reason is because in total they will attempt cover each major era of western history. This is a ton of ground, so it’s possible I’ll have to make some adjustments as the project advances. One example of why I’m doing this is because I have a hard time explaining what the difference between Impressionism and Expressionism is. 
I want to thank anyone who has taken time to look at what I've made. For those interested, my current portfolio is available at: https://gracchus07.wixsite.com/mwdesign

No comments:

Post a Comment